Natural-looking body augmentations are increasingly popular when you want to decrease the volume in one part of your body to enhance another part, like your breasts. Getting a fat transfer to the breasts is an optimal way to shape your figure naturally while trimming down, as well as adding curves at the same time.
The Benefits of Using Your Body Fat for Breast Augmentation
When you transfer excess fat from multiple unsightly places like your thighs, hips, back, arms, butt, or stomach, you do several things:
- Minimize the risks of complications that come with traditional implants, such as an allergic reaction, implant failure by rupture or tear, skin rippling or hardening, breast Implant Illness (BII).
- Remove the decision-making process of which type of implant, what style, and if it will be under the muscle or on top.
- Never having to second guess if you’ve chosen the right size breast implant, then having regrets about it later.
- Provide your board-certified plastic surgeon more options in the shaping of your breast.
- Subtly increase the size of your breast by one or two cups without looking like you’ve gone under the knife.
What is the Fat Grafting Breast Augmentation Procedure?
You’re simultaneously transferring your undesirable fat cells from one part of your body to your breasts with a mild sedative or general painkiller via liposuction, giving yourself a more natural feel and look and slimming down in the process.
- It’s a less invasive procedure for patients who prefer not to have breast implants, plus it decreases the size of the incision resulting in little to no scars.
- Fat transfer to the breast is a quick enhancement method, generally taking less than two hours to complete.
- The recovery process is comfortable.
- Breast augmentation utilizing body fat nicely profiles your chest area safely.
- It has a solid record.
The steps for a fat transfer to the breast’s procedure include collecting fat using small needles. Next is cleaning the fat to remove any impurities to reach a refined fat unit to insert into your breasts in multiple locations for a consistent sculptured appearance. Once Dr. Barrett is reassured the transferred fat has the most plausibility of sustaining itself and producing its own blood supply, he will close the procedure site(s) and dress the area in a medical compression garment. Lastly, you will move to a recovery room for a brief time to relax until your post-op support person can drive you home.
A natural augmentation fat transfer to the breast benefits patients who seek minor chest asymmetry, those recovering from a severe medical illness affecting the breasts, and women finished bearing children that need to restore lost volume from pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Scheduling Your Consultation
Fat transferring is just the right amount of breast contouring for patients wanting a small and natural-looking enhancement to rejuvenate their upper body. Contact Barrett Plastic Surgery today at 310-598-2648 to schedule an in-person consultation about the best technique to achieve your goal. If you’re more content speaking with our team from the comfort of your home, we provide virtual surgical consultations. Our team of skilled medical professionals is ready to help you get your curves back.
Do you want to learn more about Barrett Plastic Surgery? Stay current by subscribing to our blog and following us on social media at Twitter, TikTok, Instagram, Realself, YouTube, Snapchat, Yelp, and Facebook for updates.
Thank you for visiting!